Monday, March 16, 2009

Congratulations Adrienne & Aaron!

Two families near and very dear to me had wonderful celebrations for their children this weekend. Adrienne became bat mitzvah at Temple Beth El in Berkeley, and Aaron, bar mitzvah at Temple Sinai in Oakland.

I was lax in photographing either of these events myself, as I was involved in everything from producing "floral hummus" for 400 to mopping the floor after a taco / cotton candy / jelly bean frenzy. But! Shoey Sindel and Nan Phelps will no doubt be able to help us out soon with some visuals.

I was the official event planner for Adrienne's event, and I want to convey my gratitude to a raft of fantastic volunteers, Karla Tesch, and Beth El Catering for helping us realize our sometimes crazy desires. In addition to the aforementioned cotton candy/jelly bean event, there was a quiet and elegant adult dinner right in the next room. It worked out so well, and we could not have pulled it off without every single one of you. Maggie would have been so proud of us all.

My thanks also to Collier Cole, manager at Caffe Verbena (where Aaron's party was held). Dan and I were unable to attend, which was so sad, but at least I wasn't obsessing over the details. Collie is my hero.



No comments:

Post a Comment